This article contains the FAQs for the DT200 Series Ninja® Foodi™ XL Pro Air Oven. This supports the following product SKUs DT201, DT200 and DT201C.
Yes, but crispiness results may vary.
For best results, keep an eye on your food during cooking. Refer to cook charts in the inspiration guide for more guidance on cook times and temperatures.
The oven will remember the last setting used for each function, even if you unplug it. To restore the oven's default settings for each function, press the Light and 2 LEVEL buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
This is normal. The oven is designed to control temperature precisely for every function by adjusting the heating element's power levels.
This is normal. Foods with a high moisture content may release steam around the door.
This is normal. The condensation created by foods with a high moisture content (such as frozen breads) may run down the inside of the door and drip onto the counter.
For stuck-on food, let the sheet pan soak before cleaning. Line the sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper when cooking to make clean-up easier.
With the roast tray on the sheet pan, there should be minimal warping. If the sheet pan is warped, it will un-warp once the pan cools. If sheet pan doesn't unwarp after cooling, call Customer Support.
Ensure all ingredients are evenly sized and spread apart on the sheet pan.
Adjusting the TIME/SLICES +/- buttons: To select a cook time, press the TIME =/- buttons. When using the Toast or Bagel function, these buttons will adjust the number of slices/bagel halves instead of the time. Time will increase in 1-minute increments under 1 hour and 5-minute increments over 1 hour. Hold the +/- buttons for 2 seconds to active faster scrolling in 5-minute increments. While cooking under 10 minutes, time will add/subract in 60 second increments. *Time/Slice can be adjusted any time during the cooking cycle*
Adjusting the TEMP/SHADE +/- buttons: To adjust temperature, press the TEMP +/- buttons. When using the Toast or Bagel function, these buttons will adjust the shade level (1, lightest - 7, darkest) of slices/bagel halves instead of temperature. Temperature will increase in 5-degree increments. Hold the +/- buttons for 2 seconds to activate faster scrolling in 10-degree increments. *Temperature/Shade can be adjusted any time during the cooking cycle*
The unit should be cleaned thoroughly after every use.
- Unplug the unit from the outlet and allow it to cool down before cleaning.
- Empty crumb tray by sliding it out of the oven.
- After every use, wipe away any food splatter on the interior walls and glass door of the unit with a soft, damp sponge.
- To clean the exterior of the main unit and the control panel, wipe them clean with a damp cloth. A non-abrasive liquid cleanser or mild spray solution may be used. Apply the cleanser to the sponge, not the oven surface, before cleaning.
- When using accessories, we recommend greasing them with butter or oil, or covering them with parchment paper or aluminum foil before placing food on top. DO NOT cover roast tray holes with parchment paper or aluminum foil. The air fry basket and wire racks can be put in the dishwasher, but may wear more quickly over time. DO NOT place roast tray, sheet pan, or crumb tray in dishwasher.
- Unplug the unit from the outlet and allow it to cool down before cleaning.
- Remove all accessories from the unit, including the crumb tray, and wash separately. Use a non-abrasive cleaning brush to more thoroughly wash the air fry basket. Accessories are hand-wash recommended. The air fry basket and wire racks can be put in the dishwasher, but may wear more quickly over time. DO NOT place roast tray, sheet pan, or crumb tray in dishwasher.
- Use warm, soapy water and a soft cloth to wash the oven's interior and glass door, DO NOT use abrasive cleaners, scrubbing brushes, or chemical cleaners, as they will damage the oven. CAUTION: NEVER put the main unit in the dishwasher or immerse it in water or any other liquid.
- To remove tough grease, let sheet pan and roast tray soak overnight in warm, soapy water, then wash with a nonabrasive sponge or brush.
- Thoroughly dry all parts before placing them back in the oven.
To select a cooking function, press the FUNCTION +/- buttons. As you move through the functions, you'll notice the rack level recommendations change for best results.
Whole Roast: 250-400 F Air Roast: 250-450 F Air Fry: 250-450 F Bake: 180-450 F Dehydrate: 85-200 F Broil: HI or LO Toast: Select shade level Bagel: Select shade level Reheat: 100-450 F Pizza: 180-450 F
Whole Roast: Up to 4 hours Air Roast: Up to 4 hours Air Fry: Up to 4 hours Bake: Up to 4 hours Dehydrate: Up to 24 hours Broil: Up to 30 minutes Toast: Up to 9 slices Bagel: Up to 9 slices Reheat: Up to 4 hours Pizza: Up to 4 hours
Sheet pan is 13.5 x 11.5 x 1 Roast pan 13.5 x 11.5 x 1
When you power on the unit, the display will show the settings that were last used while cooking. The UI display reads TIME/SLICES 00:00 (hours, minutes) and then TEMP/SHADE.
Depending on the function you choose, the illuminated rack level(s) will indicate where your accessory should be placed in the unit. For further instructions, reference QSG on ninjakitchen.com
It is recommended to only use Ninja Oven accessories in the oven.
Do not put accessories on top of the oven while it is warm, unless they are Ninja authorized oven accessories on top of the oven when it is warm.
The cooling fan may continue to run even after the unit has been turned off. This is a normal function and should not be a source of concern. The cooling fan will stop after the temperature of the unit reaches below 95F (35C).
The user interface for the pizza setting was updated for clarity and ease of use. Correct instructions:
- To select the function, press the function +/- buttons until PIZZA brightly illuminates. The default time and temperature setting will display.
- Press the TIME/SLICES +/- buttons to select a cook time up to 4 hours.
- Press the TEMP +/- buttons to select a temperature between 180F and 450F.
The time it takes for your unit to heat up to the target temperature will vary based on the food load you are cooking, the function you are using and the cooking Time/Temp. When the oven is opened, heat is being let out, which may affect any external temperature reading of the cavity temperature. On some cook functions the oven has a built in temperature offset to mimic traditional baking in an oven. This offset does not impact cooking quality.
The team found after much testing that the splatter shield did not change the consumers cooking experience. It was removed from the design and should not be offered as a replacement for units that have a DC of 3720 or newer.
During the pre-heat cycle the unit will not reach the intended cooking temperature, but will have pre-heated to a level that will start cooking your ingredients. As the cook cycle continues the oven will continue to pre-heat and cook your food to doneness. This is a convection oven, which can cook more quickly than a traditional oven. The oven is designed to include an algorithm that ensures temperature and time settings work with traditional oven recipes.
The DT200 uses True Surround Convection or the top and bottom heat sources for optimal cooking. The following modes use convection: Whole Roast, Air Roast, Air Fry, Pizza, Bake, Dehydrate The following modes use the heating elements: Broil (top only), Toast, Bagel During Whole Roast, Air Roast and Air Fry the elements will pulse on and off to burn off grease during cooking. Element may not be glowing even though they are on.
The unit uses 1800 watts of power, so it must be plugged into an outlet on a15-amp circuit breaker. It is also important that the unit be the only appliance plugged into an outlet when in use. To avoid tripping the breaker, make sure the unit is the only appliance plugged into an outlet on a 15- amper breaker.
The inner product dimensions: 14.47in W x 12.72in D x 11.08in H