This article contains the FAQs for the SP200 Series Ninja® Foodi™ Digital Air Fry Oven Pro. This supports the following product SKUs SP200, SP201 and FT201A.
• AIR FRY: Make foods that would traditionally be fried—such as chicken wings, French fries, and chicken nuggets—with little to no added oil.
• AIR ROAST: Achieve a crispy outside and perfectly cooked inside for full-sized sheet pan meals, thicker proteins, and roasted veggies.
• BROIL: Broil meat and fish and evenly brown the tops of casseroles.
• BAKE: Bake everything from your favorite cookies to homemade pizzas.
• BAGEL: Designed to perfectly toast up to 6 bagel halves when they’re placed cut-side up on the wire rack.
• TOAST: Evenly toast up to 9 slices of bread to the perfect level of darkness.
• DEHYDRATE: Dehydrate meats, fruits, and vegetables for healthy snacks (not included on all models).
• REHEAT: Heat leftovers without overcooking (not included on all models).
- Sheet Pan
- Wire Rack
- Air Fry Basket
- Quick Start and Inspiration Guide with 15 recipes
No. To pause the unit, simply press the dial, which serves as the START/STOP button.
Use the air fry basket in the top rails with the Air Fry and Dehydrate functions to maximize airflow. When cooking foods that may drip, slide the sheet pan into the bottom rails to catch any drippings from hitting the bottom heating elements. Rinse the pre-motor foam and felt filters once a month, or as needed.
No, the sheet pan is enamel. We recommend lining the sheet pan with aluminum foil/parchment paper or lightly coating with recommended oils for easy clean up after cooking. Soak the sheet pan in warm, soapy water overnight for stuck-on grease.
Use the sheet pan for any cooking function. Place the air fry basket on the sheet pan when air frying foods that drip, such as marinated ingredients like chicken wings and steak.
Yes. Use aluminum foil on the sheet pan or wire rack for easy cleaning after cooking. Make sure the aluminum is not touching the top heating elements. Do not wrap the crumb tray in aluminum foil.
The temperature range varies depending on the function:
• AIR FRY: 250°F–450°F
• AIR ROAST: 250°F–450°F
• BROIL: 400°F (Lo) or 450°F (Hi)
• BAKE: 250°F–450°F
• TOAST: 450°F
• BAGEL: 450°F
• DEHYDRATE: 100°F–200°F (not included on all models)
• REHEAT: 100°F–450°F (not included on all models)
The timer increments vary depending on the function:
• AIR FRY: 1-minute increments up to 1 hour
• AIR ROAST: 1-minute increments up to 2 hours
• BROIL: 30-second increments up to 30 minutes
• BAKE: 1-minute increments up to 2 hours
• TOAST: Total time ranging from 30 seconds to 10 minutes in increments adjusted by the shade level/slice settings
• BAGEL: Total time ranging from 30 seconds to 10 minutes in increments adjusted by the shade level/slice settings
• DEHYDRATE: 15-minute increments up to 12 hours (not included on all models)
• REHEAT: 1-minute increments up to 2 hours (not included on all models)
How do I set the temperature?
Place the air fry basket and sheet pan on heat-safe surfaces only, and use caution when handling, as they will get hot during cooking. You can place accessories on top of the oven. Use a hot pad or trivet to prevent sliding.
Place the air fry basket and SearPlate on heat-safe surfaces only, and use caution when handling, as they will get hot during cooking. You can place accessories on top of the oven. Use a hot pad or trivet to prevent sliding.
Dishwasher-Safe Accessories but Hand-Wash Recommended:
Air Fry Basket
Yes, but crispiness results may vary.
You can follow traditional recipes and package instructions with the Bake function. When preparing traditional oven recipes using the Air Roast function, lower cook time by 30% and temperature by 25°F.
For Air Roast, Air Fry, and Bake, preheating the sheet pan or accessories is not required but adding ingredients before preheat completes may impact cooking performance. Toast, Bagel, Broil, Reheat and Dehydrate do not have preheat.
Smoking can be cause by few factors:
• There may be grease on the heating elements. Ensure you are placing the sheet pan in the bottom rails when using the air fry basket or wire rack, which will stop food from dropping onto the bottom heating elements. Also ensure that no food is directly contacting the top heating elements or the top of the cooking cavity. If problem persists, run a Toast cycle on shade 7 with accessories removed; this will burn off any additional grease on the heating elements causing smoke.
• The wrong cooking oil may have been used. Ensure that you are using one of the recommended oils: Canola, Refined Coconut, Avocado, Grapeseed, and Vegetable. Not recommended: Olive Oil, Butter, Margarine.
• The marinade may have been heated for too long. If you are using a marinade, ensure that you are applying it halfway through the cooking cycle; applying it earlier will result in smoking/burning of the marinade.
• The temperature may be set too high for the food getting cooked. Cook any fatty foods at 400°F or lower.
When cooking frozen pizza we recommend to follow box temperature instructions, preheat the sheet pan in bottom rails for even results. Do not use wire rack. Reduce cook time by 30-50% from box instructions. Keep an eye on your food while it’s cooking.
Food cooks faster with Air Roast functions, so for traditional oven recipes, lower the cook time and temperature. We recommend reducing cook time on recommended package instructions by 30% and the temperature by 25°F.
The power button is located on the bottom right side of the control panel.
No. To pause the unit, simply press the dial, which serves as the START/STOP button.
No. To minimize sticking, spray the air fry basket with cooking spray.
The air fry basket holds up to 4 pounds of food.
Yes. It is important to rotate your food for consistent browning and crispiness. For best results, follow the recipe or cooking chart to see how often you should rotate ingredients while cooking.
Although oil is not required, we recommend that you start with one tablespoon and adjust for personal preference or otherwise that you use the amount of oil suggested in your recipe.
Yes. Parchment paper can be used in the oven the same way that you would use it in your conventional oven. Make sure the parchment paper is not touching the interior side walls or top heating elements.
When the unit is powered on, the digital display will light up along with all the function buttons.
The outside of the oven is stainless steel.
The outside of the oven and glass window will heat up during cooking, but the control panel and door handle will remain cool to touch.
Press the TIME/SLICE button and use the START/STOP dial to set the time. You can change the time at any point during cooking by using the START/STOP dial.
1-year limited warranty.
The power cord is approximately 34 inches long.
1. Unplug the unit from the wall outlet and allow it to cool down before cleaning.
2. Empty the crumb tray by sliding it out of the oven when the oven is in the flipped-down position.
3. To clean the exterior of the main unit and the control panel, wipe clean with a damp cloth.
4. The unit interior and crumb tray should be cleaned after every use or grease build up will be harder to clean overtime.
1. Allow the unit to cool down then unplug
the unit from the outlet before cleaning.
2. Remove all accessories from the unit, including the crumb tray, and wash separately. Use a non-abrasive cleaning brush to wash the air fry basket more thoroughly. Soak accessories overnight in hot, soapy water. The air fry basket and wire rack can be put in the dishwasher but may wear more quickly over time.
3. Use warm, soapy water and a soft cloth to wash the oven’s interior. DO NOT use abrasive cleaners, scrubbing brushes, or chemical cleaners, as they will damage the oven.
4. To prolong use of accessories, hand-wash with warm, soapy water.
5. Thoroughly dry all parts before placing them back in the oven.
Yes, you can adjust the cook time and/or temperature at any point during cooking by pressing the TIME/SLICE and/or TEMP/SHADE button and using the START/STOP dial. Times and temperatures are always affected by the type of food, amount of food, whether accessories are placed correctly, and whether preheating instructions have been followed. Always keep an eye on your food while cooking.
It depends on the food. Follow package instructions.
1. Hold handles on each side of the unit.
2. Lift and flip oven onto its side.
3. Leave the unit in the upright position when storing.
The Toast function is specifically programmed to toast bread, while the Bagel function is specifically programmed to toast bagels. Both functions have been pre-programmed to consider the thickness and standard cook times of bread, bagels, and muffins.
The unit's fan will automatically turn on during the Bake and Air Fry functions to keep the control panel cool to the touch during cooking.
Yes, as long as they are oven safe up to 500°F.
Food cooks faster with Rapid Bake, Frozen Pizza, and Air Roast, so for traditional oven recipes, lower the cook time and temperature.
For Rapid Bake and Frozen Pizza, reduce cook time on recommended package instructions 30-50%.
For Air Roast we recommend reducing cook time on recommended package instructions by 30% and the temperature by 25°F.
For Sear Crisp, Quick Bake, Griddle, Pizza, and Frozen Pizza, make sure to use the SearPlate on bottom rails for the oven to read temperatures properly.
Yes, to restore the oven’s default settings for each function, press the TIME/SLICE and TEMP/SHADE buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. The oven will remember the last setting used for each function, even if you unplug it.
This is normal. The door is vented to release steam created by foods with a high moisture content.
This is normal. The condensation created by foods with a high moisture content (such as frozen breads) may run down the inside of the door and drip onto the counter.