This article contains the FAQs for the CFP305 Series Ninja® DualBrew Pro Specialty Coffee System. This supports the following SKUs: CFP305 and CFP355A.
As you close the handle the top and bottom needles will pierce the K-Cup. Some K-Cup lids are made of different materials which can affect the force. If you are having difficulty closing the handle, firmly push the pod down to pierce the bottom first, then close the handle.
The ounces on the display are the correct approximate brew volume. A software change was made for better consumer satisfaction. Please refer to the updated instruction booklet and quick start guide on our website.
No, a paper filter and the permanent filter should NOT be used together when brewing coffee. Using both the permanent filter and a paper filter may result in clogging or water and/or coffee backing up in the brew basket. Do not insert a paper filter or permanent filter when brewing K-Cups. Permanent filter is not included in all models and can be purchased on ninjakitchen.com.
For best results, we recommend using medium grind coffee. We do not recommend using finely ground coffee because it may cause the brew basket to overflow. The brew basket is designed to fit a #4 cone paper filter.
Most K-Cup pods are compatible with the Ninja Dual Brew. Specific brands that are not compatible include, but are not limited to: Don Francisco's, Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value, Tayst, One cup, Organic coffee Java Love, Jo, Garibaldi, Glory Brew, San Francisco Bay, Martinson, Kauai, Trader Joe's, Beaniac, Hills Bros decaf.
For best results we recommend using Keurig branded pods. The Ninja Dual Brew is not compatible with any reusable K-Cup filters. We recommend switching to the grounds basket when opting to use ground coffee.
No, the Ninja DualBrew is not compatible with reusable K-Cup filters. We recommend using the grounds mode when brewing single serve sizes of ground coffee.
Each size and brew type produces a different amount of coffee to optimize strength and taste. For example, Rich brew will yield less coffee than Classic brew, while Over Ice produces a concentrated amount of coffee that drips over ice to create an iced coffee that's never watered down. Specialty brew will always produce 4 oz. of coffee. Output may vary depending on how much grounds are put in the brew basket, more grounds less output, less grounds more output. The multi-serve dial will display the approximate brew volume for each setting.
Once the brew cycle is complete, move the drip stop to the closed position (denoted by the image of a water droplet with a slash through it) before removing your brewing vessel to avoid drips.
Ensure your cup, travel mug, or carafe is filled all the way to the top with ice cubes before brewing. The unit will brew at hot temperatures to lock in the best flavor, then the ice will cool the brewed coffee to the perfect temperature.
The thermal carafe has double-walled insulation, which keeps heat locked inside. The insulation barrier means the heat from the warming plate will not reach the inside of the carafe or affect the temperature of the coffee.
Water is metered to control the amount of water that dispensed through the system to produce the optimal cup of coffee. Markings are slightly above amount of water needed so that the coffee machine doesn’t run out of water and can perform at its best. All brew styles use different amounts of water to create the proper flavor and concentration, so occasionally some water may remain in the reservoir.
We recommend cleaning the thermal carafe with warm, soapy water. If you want to clean the carafe more thoroughly, we recommend using a soft foam brush/sponge. Do not use a wire brush. Please note that the thermal carafe is NOT dishwasher safe.
When the Intelligent Clean Cycle Indicator turns on for the first time, run a clean cycle on the mode you use most. For example, if you primarily brew with grounds, run the clean cycle on the Grounds mode with the Sliding Lid closed. If you primarily use pods, ensure the Ninja Pod Adapter is installed and run the clean cycle through the Ninja Pod Adapter. If Hot Water mode is used at all, run an additional clean cycle in Hot Water mode. The next time the Intelligent Clean Cycle Indicator illuminates orange, run a clean cycle on the remaining way to brew coffee. For example, if you ran a clean cycle on the Ground mode first, run a clean cycle on the Pods mode next.
Note: If the display ever reads "CLN", it indicates heavy scale buildup on that mode. Run a clean cycle on the current mode.
To run a clean cycle:
- Place the empty carafe beneath the brew basket.
- Use a descaling solution specifically formulated for coffeemaker cleaning and follow the directions on the package. Fill the water reservoir up to, but not exceeding, the Full line. -OR- Fill the water reservoir to the Travel Mug line (16 oz.) with white vinegar, then fill the rest of the reservoir with water up to, but not exceeding, the Full line. IMPORTANT: Use only white vinegar.
- Once the water reservoir is filled with your cleaning solution and water mixture, press the CLEAN button then press the START BREW button to confirm and begin the cleaning cycle.
- The clock will display and count down the remaining clean cycle time, which takes approximately 75 minutes to complete. Your brewer will deliver a small amount of cleaning solution to distribute it through the system. It will then pause, deliver additional cleaning solution, and repeat this process for 75 minutes. The extended pauses allow for maximum cleaning and descaling. IMPORTANT: DO NOT remove the carafe at any time during the clean cycle.
- Upon completion, the brewer will beep, the clock will display End, and the Intelligent Clean Cycle Indicator will turn off.
- Empty the contents of the carafe and place it back under the brew basket. Clean the water reservoir with warm, soapy water to remove any cleaning solution that could affect the flavor of your coffee.
- Fill the reservoir with fresh water up to, but not exceeding, the Full line.
- Flush the system by running a water-only cycle.
If cleaning the Grounds mode, run a Full Carafe Classic brew cycle. If cleaning the Pods mode, run a 12 oz. Classic brew. IF cleaning the Hot Water mode, run a Full Carafe on BOIL. Rerun a water-only cycle if taste persists. After the cycle is complete, discard the water and thoroughly clean the carafe and brew basket.
We recommend using a descaling solution made specifically for coffeemaker cleaning. You may also use white vinegar.
No, you use the same amount of coffee for each brew style selected. Each brew style is designed to make the strength you need using the measurements denoted on the Ninja Smart Scoop.
Yes, we recommend using the brew-through lid as it helps maintain the carafe temperature, and to deliver optimal flavor. If the lid is not used, or is not properly in place, heat could escape from the carafe, causing the coffee to cool rapidly.
Make sure the unit is powered on to set the time.
- Press or hold the HR/MIN button to enter clock setup mode.
- Turn the dial to select the correct hours then press START BREW or HR/MIN to confirm the hour.
- Turn the dial again to select the correct minutes then press START BREW or HR/MIN to confirm the minutes.
If nothing is pressed within 5 seconds, you will exit clock setup and your settings will be saved.
Turn the unit on by pressing the Power button. The unit must remain on for the Delay Brew function to work. DO NOT turn power off after setting Delay Brew.
- For Grounds: After filling the water reservoir and adding ground coffee to the filter, be sure the reservoir, filter, and brew basket are securely in place AND the sliding showerhead is closed. Place the appropriately sized vessel under the brew basket. Press DELAY BREW. DELAY BREW will illuminate, and the clock will flash "12:00" or the last Delay Brew time that was set.
- For Pods: After filling the water reservoir and inserting a pod, be sure the reservoir and brew basket are securely in place AND the Ninja Pod Adapter handle is closed firmly. Place the appropriately sized vessel under the brew basket. Press DELAY BREW. DELAY BREW will illuminate, and the clock will flash "12:00" or the last Delay Brew time that was set.
- For Hot Water: After filling the water reservoir, be sure that the hot water dial is turned to the hot water mode and either the sliding showerhead or the Ninja Pod Adapter is firmly closed. Place the appropriately sized vessel under the brew basket. Press DELAY BREW. DELAY BREW will illuminate, and the clock will flash "12:00" or the last Delay Brew time that was set.
- While the clock is flashing, turn the dial to select the correct hours and press START BREW or DELAY to confirm hour.
- Turn the dial again to select the correct minutes and press START BREW or DELAY to confirm the minutes. (The AM or PM indicator will illuminate on the display as you are setting your desired time.)
- After you have confirmed the minutes, turn the dial to choose a size and press BREW STYLE to change the style.
- Once the proper time, brew size and style have been selected, Press START BREW or DELAY to save settings. The selected brew size and style will remain illuminated.
Note: If you attempt to change your selections while Delay Brew is set, the unit will beep, and DELAY BREW will flash. To change your selections, cancel the Delay Brew and start the programming process again. Note: If no interaction within 30 seconds while setting Delay Brew, delay brew WILL NOT save and will exit delay brew mode.
Note: To check the time that was set for Delay Brew, press Delay Brew again.
No size selection is necessary as Specialty brew delivers a specific amount of concentrated coffee. Specialty brew delivers approximately 4 oz. of coffee.
Each brew size is optimized for its corresponding brew style. Rich brew will produce slightly less output for stronger coffee.
The brew may pause once or multiple times during the brew cycle. That's ok. Pausing allows the coffee grounds to fully extract and unlock the full flavor of the brew style.
When brewing Over Ice, please do the following:
- Be sure to fill your vessel to the top with whole iced cubes (not crushed or shaved ice) before brewing Over Ice.
- Be sure you are using the correct size vessel, and you are filling it to the top with ice cubes.
Turn the hot water dial on the left side of the unit to the water droplet icon. You will see a change in the display.
Hand wash in warm, soapy water. DO NOT place in dishwasher.
The Ninja Pod Adapter must always be installed over the brew basket when brewing k-cups. Use the cup platform when brewing in smaller cups to avoid splatter.
There may be a small amount of grounds in your cup after brewing. This is normal. Clean your Ninja Pod Adapter after every brew to avoid loose grounds falling into your cup.
The amount of coffee in your cup depends on how many scoops of grounds are put in the filter. Since the ground coffee absorbs the water, the more scoops in the filter, the less output in your cup- and the less scoops in the filter, the more output in your cup.
Note: For Over ice brew: Depends on how full the cup is with ice - Fill the entire vessel with ice.
- Boil: Brews at 208F but will lose heat as it is dispensed into the vessel
- Hot: Brews at about 167F but will lose heat as it is dispensed into the vessel
This is the targeted temp, there may be some heat loss when dispensing and the temperature/size of the vessel.
No, it is a separate outlet independent of the coffee dispenser.
Open the hinged hood by pulling up on the left side of the hood that the sliding lid slides into. Then, slide the sliding lid out of the back of the unit off the rails. Hand wash with warm, soapy water.
Press the "Brew Style" button.
- Remove the reservoir from the base. Remove the removable latch from the back of the brewer.
- Swing the reservoir base around the brewer until it clicks in place. You may feel some resistance.
- Rotate the removable latch 180 degrees and reinsert it in the new gap where the base was previously positioned.
Press the "Water Temp" button.
60oz is brewed but grounds absorb some water. The display shows the output.
- Dishwasher Safe: Brew-Through Lid, Permanent Filter, Brew Basket, Water Reservoir, Water Reservoir Lid, Frother Whisk, and Ninja Smart Scoop.
- Not Dishwasher Safe: Thermal Carafe, Sliding Lid and Ninja Pod Adapter.
No -the brewer is designed to produce coffee at a set temperature for optimal strength and flavor.
The drip stop only works in grounds or pods mode.
If using a permanent filter, this may be due to using finely ground coffee. To reduce the amount of sediment in the brewed coffee, use a slightly coarser grind or use a paper filter.
Note: DO NOT use a paper filter in conjunction with a permanent filter, as water and/or coffee can back up and clog in the filter basket.
For stronger coffee, use the Rich brew setting. For an even stronger flavor, use more coffee grounds in the filter.
For milder coffee, use the Classic brew setting. For an even milder flavor, use fewer coffee grounds in the filter.
The brew time will vary based on size and brew style. Full carafe sizes and Rich brews will take longer to brew than single-serve classic brews. The progress bar on the control panel will indicate brew status.
When the reservoir is filled to a specific size and then that size is brewed, there will be some water left in the reservoir. This is normal to ensure the reservoir does not run dry for the best performance of the pump and brew system.
Some splatter is normal. Use the cup tray, when possible, to reduce the distance between the cup and the coffee outlet. Ensure the Ninja Pod Adapter is installed over the brew basket when brewing pods.
For best results and to create the most froth using hot milk, we recommend using whole milk. For cold froth, we recommend skim milk.
The unit is indicating that the Delay Brew function has been set. To cancel, press the Delay Brew button or the Power button once. If pressing the Power button, the Delay Brew button will flash and beep for 5 seconds before Delay Brew cancels.
Our integrated frother can transform hot or cold milk into a silky microfoam. For hot froth, the milk will need to either be preheated in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds or simmered on a stovetop. Cold froth is made with cold milk and is an excellent addition to iced lattes or frozen blended drinks.
Yes. While we recommend dairy milk for best performance, you can also froth soy or almond milk. For better results, warm soy milk before frothing.
The model number can be found on the bottom of your unit, on the back of your unit under the QR code, or in your Owner's Guide.
The CLEAN light illuminates when you need to run a clean cycle. If the light is on and you have recently completed a clean cycle, you may need to run another cycle to remove additional mineral buildup that occurs naturally over time.
- Place the brew basket in the unit.
- With the Ninja Pod Adapter in the REMOVE position, place the adapter in the unit over the brew basket.
- Slide the Ninja Pod Adapter handle towards you so it is in the LOCK position.
- Lift the handle and insert a K-Cup.
- Close the handle and program your brew.