This article contains the FAQs for the BL580 Series Nutri Ninja® with FreshVac™ Technology. This supports the following product SKUs BL580 and BL580BRN.
Vacuum blending is recommended for extractions, smoothies, soups, dips and dressings for brighter flavors, more vibrant colors, and improved texture.
Vacuum blending removes the oxygen from the vessel you are blending in to lock in flavors, improve ingredient texture, and keep smoothies bright and colorful. This helps to keep your blended ingredients fresh for an extended period of time.
Once the unit is plugged in, the power and vessel icons will appear on the control panel.
- To clean the motor base, turn off the unit and unplug it from the wall. Wipe the motor base with a clean, damp cloth.
- To clean the touchscreen, apply an all-purpose cleaner to a soft cloth and wipe gently. Never directly spray the touchscreen with water or other cleaners. DO NOT use abrasive cloths, pads, or brushes to clean the motor base or control panel, as this can dull or scratch the surface.
- The FreshVac pump is NOT dishwasher safe. To clean the FreshVac pump, apply an all-purpose cleaner to a soft cloth and Wipe gently. Never submerge the pump in water or any other liquid.
- All other attachments are dishwasher safe. The lid and the blade assemblies should be washed on the top rack only, while the twist-off reservoir, pitcher, cup, and bowl can be washed on either rack. blade assemblies must be removed from their vessels before placing them in the dishwasher.
- To hand-wash the attachments, use warm, soapy water. Handle blade assemblies with care to avoid contact with sharp edges.
- When washing the blade assemblies, use a dishwashing utensil with a handle to avoid direct hand contact with the blades. Thoroughly rinse and air-dry all parts.
There are 2 Auto-iQ settings:
- Smoothie: Allows you to make super-smooth drinks and shakes from fresh or frozen fruit, milk, other liquids, and ice.
- Extract: Ideal for tough, leafy, or fibrous whole fruits and vegetables, including their skins, seeds, and stems.
There are 2 manual functions:
- Start/Stop: Press once to start continuous running; press again to stop. The timer counts up by seconds, up to 60 seconds.
- Pulse: Touch and release the Pulse button to process your ingredients to your desired texture and consistency. This function only operates when the button is touched. Use short touches for short pulses and longer touches for longer pulses.
Auto-iQ functions are intelligent pre-set programs that combine unique blending and pausing patterns that do the work for you. Once a pre-set program is selected, it will start immediately. To pause the selected program, simply press the same button again.
To remove the motor base, place your hands underneath both sides of the unit and gently pull it towards you.
No. Blending hot ingredients can cause an excessive amount of pressure to build up, resulting in the risk of injury.
The Single-Serve FreshVac Cup has a capacity of 24 ounces.
Use the FreshVac pump BEFORE blending to remove oxygen from your vessel. DO NOT vacuum AFTER you have blended your ingredients.
No. Make sure that you have added all of your ingredients prior to blending. Do not fill above the max fill line, or your pump may not work properly.
Yes, additional cups are available for purchase on ninjakitchen.com.
The cup will be vacuum sealed shut after using the FreshVac pump. Release the vacuum seal by gently pulling up on the FreshVac tab.